Royal Crew Mzansi (Pty) Ltd. Owners of jozysales.com is compliant with The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) (EU) 2016/679 and the South African Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI Act).
It means that we are open about our methods of tracking and use of the visitors’ personal data, and you can freely check what exactly we’re doing to it.
Application: This policy applies to you when you visit our website, use our application, or order our goods or services as a customer on our platform.
Personal information: Your personal information includes information we collect:
- Automatically when you visit our website or use our application;
- Accept on registration or submission;
- Get through an order; or
- You provide voluntarily; but
- Excludes anonymous, de-identified, statistical, and public information.
Your obligations: You may only send us your own personal information or someone else’s personal information if you have their permission to do so.
Acceptance and changes
- Acceptance: You may not order any of our goods or services if you do not accept this policy or any changes to it.
- Changes: We may change this policy at any time by posting the updated terms to the website and will notify you of the changes on our website, through our application, or by email. The changed policy applies to you if you continue using our website, our application, or our goods or services following the notification.
- The updated terms automatically take effect 30 days after they are posted.
At jozysales.com, we collect:
- Your name and surname
- Your email address
- Your physical address
- Your phone number
- The data about the browser and device you use to view the store
- The way you navigate the store
- We collect your Internet usage information automatically when you visit our website, including your IP address, browser details, and usage information, which we may use to display our website correctly, track your activities on it, or for other necessary purposes.
- On registration or submission. We may ask you to provide us with certain identifying information when you register on or otherwise submit information through our website or application for the first time.
- Through an order. We ask you to provide us certain goods or services information when you order our goods or services.
- We may ask you to provide us certain optional information on a voluntary basis.
- Consent to collection. We will get your consent to collect your personal information in accordance with applicable law when you provide us with it.
Purpose for collection
We may process the information that you provide to us for the purposes that you indicated when you agreed to provide it to us. Processing includes gathering your personal information, disclosing it, and combining it with other personal information.
We gather your contact details because they are necessary to accept and process your orders, and to make sure you’ve got your packages.
We gather the details of your technical equipment and on-site behavior in order to make our store more user-friendly and to personalize our online classified ad/store services for you (for example, to automatically switch the store technology to the mobile version.)
Processing: We may process your personal information to fulfill our obligations to you.
- Cookies: We may place small text files on your device when you visit our website that allows us to provide you with a personalized experience by associating your personal information with your device. They let us remember your preferences, allow third parties to provide services to you, and otherwise serve useful purposes for you. Your internet browser generally accepts them automatically, but you can often change this setting or delete them manually. However, we won’t be able to provide you with access to certain aspects of our website where cookies are necessary if you do so. We have no access to or control over any cookies that our business partners use on our website and they have their own privacy policies that govern them.
- Messages: We may use your identifying information to send you administrative and update messages about the website and sometimes send you promotional messages, but you may choose to opt-out of them. We will first send you one message asking you to opt-in and will not continue to send you promotional messages unless you have done so.
- Targeted content: We may use your personal information to provide you with targeted content on our website in a completely automated process.
Your personal information allows us to:
- Provide you with access to and use of our Services as well as access to your history, internal messages, and other features we may provide
- Offer you site content that includes items and services that you may like
- Provide you with credit offers and opportunities on behalf of other members of our corporate family and their financial institution partners.
- However, we don’t share financial information without your explicit consent
- Customize, measure, and improve our Services
- Provide other services requested by you as described when we collect the information
- To provide you with location-based services (such as advertising, search results, and other personalized content
We use your personal information to contact you about your account:
We may contact you via jozysales by messages, email, telephone, SMS messages, or postal mail:
- To give you customer support about your account such as to troubleshoot problems, to collect fees or monies owed to us, or to get your opinion through surveys
We use your personal information to personalize our advertising and marketing, including:
- Personalized, measure, and improve our advertising
Contact you, either via email, telephone, SMS text messages, or postal mail to offer you discounts and special promotions and to let you know about our Services and those of our corporate family (if you have consented to this contact). Message and data rates may apply
- Deliver targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers
We use your personal information for legal compliance reasons, including to:
- Prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud, security breaches, potentially prohibited or illegal activities
Retention of personal information:
Information Sharing: We may share your personal information with third parties for the purposes of fulfilling our obligations to you, including with:
- Other companies or divisions within our company;
- Our contractors who help provide part of our goods or services; or
- Third parties as required by applicable law.
Honoring this policy: We will require anyone that we share your personal information with to honor this policy whenever possible in terms of applicable law.
Mandatory disclosure: We may disclose personal information to third parties if required for legal reasons, such as to regulators as required by law or governmental audit, law enforcement as required by a subpoena or court order, or third parties as required by applicable law.
Marketing purpose: We may disclose aggregate statistical information that we have derived from your and other people’s personal information to our advertisers or business partners.
Personnel: We may need to disclose personal information to our personnel to do their jobs, but will not do so unnecessarily.
Change of ownership: We may assign our rights to the personal information we process to our new owners if our ownership changes for any reason.
- Accuracy: We will do our best to keep your personal information that we collect accurate, complete, and up to date.
- Participation: We may ask you to update your personal information from time to time or give you a way to review it, but will take steps to verify your identity to prevent unauthorized access when doing so.
- Retention: We will only keep your personal information for as long as is necessary to fulfill our obligations to you, unless you have given us permission to keep it longer or we are otherwise legally allowed to do so.
- Transfer: We may transfer your personal information outside of the country in which it was collected to a foreign country. You consent to us processing your personal information in a foreign country with less stringent data protection laws than the country in which it was collected.
- Updating or removing: You may update or remove your personal information through our website or application or by contacting us.
- Limitation: We are not responsible for anyone else’s privacy policies or practices.
- Action right: We may take whatever action we may deem necessary to preserve the security and reliable operation of our system.
Our store works with outer companies that help us provide the best service for you, and these third parties also use some of the personal details you’re leaving. We limit the data they can access to only what is necessary for them to perform their obligations.
- Payment services use your credit card number, your name, and surname to verify and process your payments for our products
- Our manufacturers and stock keepers use the data of your order contents to assemble the necessary package for you
- Postal services use your first name, last name, and physical address to arrange the product delivery for you
- Mass mailing services use your email address to send you emails (if you have subscribed for them)
If you don’t agree to these terms, please leave the website.
You can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and ask:
- To receive the copy of your personal details we have collected
- To delete your personal details from our system
- To withdraw your consent (if you previously agreed to provide us with the data, but then changed your mind)
We are doing our best to guarantee the security of your personal details while keeping and using them.
If you don’t want to receive marketing communications from us, you can unsubscribe via the link in the email you received. Registered users may also unsubscribe via the communication preferences options in their profiles.
Upon download of certain Services, you are provided the option to opt in to receiving push notifications from jozysales on your device and within the application. We send you to push notifications from time-to-time to
(a) Inform you of service-related messages,
(b) Let you know you have messages from others in the jozysales platform
(c) Update you about any events or promotions that we may be running.
If you no longer wish to receive notifications from us, you can, where applicable, change your preferences by logging into your account or by disabling notifications in your device settings. To ensure you receive proper notifications, we will need to collect certain information about your devices such as operating system and user identification information.
You can see, review, and change your personal information by signing in to your account. Please update your personal information immediately if it changes or is inaccurate.
- Once you make a public posting, you may not be able to change or remove it. If you ask us to, we will close your account and remove your personal information from view as soon as reasonably possible, based on your account activity and as required under applicable national laws.
- We will honor your right to request access to, or modification or deletion of, your personal information. We may have the right to withhold that access or refuse to modify or erase your personal information under applicable national laws, but we will give you reasons if we do so. To contact us about access and to find out if any fees apply, please contact Customer Service on email@example.com.
Royal Crew Mzansi (PTY) Ltd. Owners of Jozysales highly value your security and is striking a balance between increased levels of security and making transacting with us convenient for you. Our security policy describes our plan of action for safeguarding our website and your personal information from harm, such as unauthorized access, destruction, or loss. This describes our responsibilities, our disclaimers, your responsibilities, and has special provisions dealing with phishing and credit cards.
We protect your information using technical and administrative security measures. Our safeguards include firewalls and data encryption, and information access authorization controls. If you believe your account has been abused, please contact Customer Service at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Our websites are hosted on a secure server that uses a firewall and other security measures to prevent unauthorized access;
- Protect your information that we store in or passes through our systems using encryption or other appropriate information security measures;
- Ensure that links from our systems to systems that third parties (such as our payment gateways) control are secure;
- Backup all data on our systems so that we can recover it in case of disaster;
- Log all access to our systems to better identify and resolve unauthorized access issues; and
- Use a payment gateway that is sufficiently secure (in terms of accepted technological standards at the time of the transaction and the type of the transaction) and takes reasonable steps to secure your payment information.
Disclaimer: We will do our best to prevent our website and your information from being compromised and will help you resolve a security problem whenever we can. However, we are not responsible for compromises caused by:
- Harmful code – entering our websites, such as viruses, bugs, Trojan horses, spyware, or adware;
- Your fault – problems or loss caused by your information you provide to us (such as inaccurate personal information) or your computer is compromised (such as being accessed by an unauthorized person or otherwise hacked);
- Factors beyond human control – such as fires, floods, or other natural disasters.
Third-party systems: Third parties are responsible for the security of information collected by, stored on, or passing through their systems, even if we link to those systems.
No compromise: You may not do (or let anyone else do) anything that might compromise our system.
Protect your credentials. If you created a username, password, or other credentials when you registered on or submitted information through our website for the first time, then you should take the following steps to secure those credentials:
- Never share them with anyone;
- Never send them via email; and
- Make any passwords as strong as possible.
Recommended steps: You should take the following steps to secure your personal information:
- Install security software on your device, including anti-virus, anti-spyware, and anti-spam software;
- Regularly scan your device for viruses and other malicious software; and
- Keep security software up-to-date to ensure you are always running the latest version with the latest definitions.
Additional steps: You could take the following steps for your own security:
- Check your Internet browser’s security settings for ways to make your browsing more secure;
- Make sure that you have entered secure pages when filling in your personal information; and
- Log out after you have transacted electronically.
- Awareness: Be aware of ‘phishing’ attacks where criminals attempt to get your personal information by sending you an email, masquerading as an email from us, asking you to access your account or verify information through links in the email, or diverting you to a fake version of our website.
- Legitimate URL: You must only log into our website from a legitimate URL associated with us that you know and trust, such as one based on the name that we have communicated to you in writing. Please be wary of phishing websites that use illegitimate URLs designed to trick you into thinking they are our websites, such as by using common misspellings of our name, different domain suffixes, or other words associated with our business.
- Confirmation through links: We will not generally ask you to confirm your credentials or other personal information by clicking on any links in an email other than in any email link we send you after registration or the first time you submit information through our website to verify your identity.
- Reporting: Please report any suspected phishing attacks to us immediately to prevent any harm to you or others.
- Safe and secure: Transacting with us electronically (including transacting and using your credit card on our website) is safe and secure.
- Payment processing: Our payment gateway handles all credit card transactions on our behalf, uses the strictest form of encryption, and has its own security certificate and policy which you can view on their website.
- Payment verification: A Certificate Authority (or CA) checks, verifies and certifies our payment gateway’s company registration documents and domains to ensure that nobody can impersonate them to get your payment information.
- Secure URL: Our platform and Payments gateways/platform are all on secured URLs.
When you use a social login:
• If you sign in to your social network account using the same email that you previously used to register for an account with us, you will access your existing account with us.
• If you sign in to your social network account using an email address that we don’t recognize in our systems, a new account will be created in our systems for you.
You may use social login or regular sign in each time you login into your account with us. If you use the regular sign in but a password has not been issued to you (because you registered through social login) you need to get a password through the password reset flow.
When you use social login the “keep me signed in” policies of the social network provider apply. We do not control those policies. For your safety, we recommend that you:
• Don’t use social login if you are accessing our Services using a public or shared device
• Visit your social network provider site to learn about their sign in policies and your options
Unwanted or threatening email
Third-party privacy practices
This Privacy Notice addresses only the use and disclosure of personal information we collect from you. If you disclose your information to others, or if you are directed to a third party website, their privacy notices and practices will apply.
We can’t guarantee the privacy or security of your information once you provide it to a third party. You should check the privacy and security policies of your trading partner before entering into a transaction and choosing to share your information, even when dealing with buyers or sellers on our site.
- Contact us: Please report any suspicious or unauthorized activity relating to your use of our website to us directly, because it will help make our website as secure as we can. Report using our email email@example.com