Jozysales provides services to you for certain legitimate purposes, that is to say, there are certain purposes for which you should not use our services under any circumstances. This policy describes what you cannot do with our services. We trust you as our customer and person of integrity to abide by this policy, but if you breach the policy or help others to do so – we may suspend or terminate your use of the services.
Definitions: In this policy, the following words have the following meanings:
- website means the website located at https://jozysales.com and
- the system means any network, computer or communications system, software application, or network or computing device.
- content means any submissions made to the website, whether public or private, including messages or comments on the content of other users;
- policy means this acceptable use policy;
- services mean the web services offered by us on or through the website;
As a condition of your use of Jozysales, you agree that you will not:
- Violate any applicable laws including but not limited to consumer protection, data protection, and intellectual property laws (including their regulations and guidelines);
- Violate any applicable posting rules;
- Post listings that do not show clear, truthful, verifiable, complete, and unambiguous information regarding your contact details, the goods, price, delivery, and any additional charge;
- Post any threatening, abusive, defamatory, pornographic, obscene, unconstitutional, or indecent material;
- Use the services in any manner that could impair any of our websites or applications in any way or interfere with any party’s use or enjoyment of any such site or application;
- Post any material that is harmful to, harms, or could harm minors in any way;
- Be false or misleading or employ false or misleading advertising practices;
- Infringe any third-party right;
- Distribute or contain spam, chain letters, or pyramid schemes;
- Distribute viruses or any other technologies that may harm jozysales or the interests or property of jozysales users;
- Impose an unreasonable load on our infrastructure or interfere with the proper working of jozysales;
- Copy, modify, or distribute any other person’s content without their consent;
- Use any robot spider, scraper, or other automated means to access jozysales and collect content for any purpose without our express written permission;
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent or otherwise violate the privacy of another person;
- Use the information available in jozysales to contact the users or the advertisers for any purpose other than for the use of the services;
- Bypass measures used to prevent or restrict access to Jozysales.
You are solely responsible for all information that you submit to Jozysales and any consequences that may result from your post. We reserve the right for any or no reason, at our discretion to refuse or delete or take-down content that (or any part thereof) we believe is inappropriate or breaching the above terms. We may, at our discretion, remove ads, put ads on hold or make minor changes thereto, when they do not comply with the Posting Rules. We also reserve the right at our discretion to restrict a user’s usage of the site either temporarily or permanently or refuse a user’s registration.
Responsibility: You are responsible for your conduct, profile, and content on the website. You understand that your actions could have consequences, and may result in criminal or civil liability. We do not endorse, take any responsibility, or accept liability for your actions
Your Content: You retain the intellectual property rights to your copyrighted content. By submitting Content to the website, you grant us a license to use, distribute, reproduce, or adapt the content for any purpose. This license is worldwide, irrevocable, and free from royalty.
Prohibited content: You may not use, or help others to use, the website for any illegal or harmful purposes, including:
- illegal content – including sharing or advertising child pornography or content that infringes the intellectual property rights of others (such as their copyright or trademarks), inciting or encouraging harm against others, or conducting or advertising illegal transactions (such as selling drugs or promoting unlicensed gambling);
- fraudulent content – including offering, sharing or promoting false information relating to goods, services, or schemes, or otherwise misleading others in a way that is harmful or illegal;
- abusive content – including content that is defamatory or vulgar, infringes another’s right to privacy (such as their personal information), or is otherwise unreasonably or objectionable; or
- destructive content – including content or software designed for the purpose of malicious damage to computers, systems, or data, or to control or otherwise access any of these things.
Prohibited conduct: You may not use, or help others to use, the website or its services to interfere with the connections or security of networks, systems, or other users including:
- unauthorized access – including accessing or attempting to access a network, system, or user’s profile without permission;
- surveillance – including the surveillance of any data on a network, system, or user’s profile without permission;
- intentional harm – including intentionally damaging the structure or efficient working of a network, system, or user’s profile through physical or electronic means (such as Denial of Service attacks);
- spam – including sending or promoting unsolicited mass electronic communications without permission;
- data manipulation – including the malicious and fraudulent altering of any data on or sent by a network, system, or user’s profile without permission; or
- system manipulation – including the malicious and fraudulent alteration of a network, system, or user’s profile without permission.
- You may not develop, support, or use the software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins, and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the content of this website or otherwise copy adverts and other data from this site without prior written consent from Jozysales.
Investigation and enforcement: We will investigate any breach of this policy. During and after an investigation, we can alter or remove any content that breaches this policy, or share this content or related information with any relevant third party, including other users or law enforcement agencies. This section applies to any agreements that you have with us.
Your duty to report breaches: You agree to notify us of any breach of this policy, via email or any other reporting process that we have set up.
Changes: We may change the terms of this policy at any time. We will notify you of any changes by placing a notice in a prominent place on the website or by email. If you do not agree with the change you must stop using the services. If you continue to use the services following notification of a change to the terms, the changed terms will apply to you and you will be deemed to have accepted such terms.
Abusing Jozysales: Jozysales and the Jozysales community work together to keep the site working properly and the community safe. Please report problems, offensive content, and policy breach to us using the reporting system on the Ads and by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Without limiting other remedies, we may issue warnings, limit or terminate our service, remove hosted content exercise our discretion when ads do not comply with our policies and take technical and legal steps to keep users off Jozysales if we think that they are creating problems or acting inconsistently with the letter or spirit of our policies. However, whether we decide to take any of these steps, remove hosted content, exercise our discretion when ads do not comply with our policies, or keep a user off Jozysales or not, we do not accept any liability for monitoring Jozysales or for unauthorized or unlawful content on Jozysales or use of Jozysales by users. You also recognize and accept that Jozysales is not under any obligation to monitor any data or content which is submitted to or available on the site.
Global Marketplace: Some of Jozysales’s features may display your ad on other sites that are part of the global community and network, like our classifieds sites in other countries. By using Jozysales, you agree that your ads can be displayed on these other sites. The terms for our other sites are similar to these terms, but you may be subject to additional laws or other restrictions in the countries where your ad is posted. When you choose to post your ad on another site, you may be responsible for ensuring that it does not violate our other site policies. We may remove your ad if it is reported on any of our sites, or if we believe it causes problems or violates any law or policy.
Fees and Services: Using Jozysales is generally free, but we sometimes charge a fee for certain services. If the service you use incurs a fee, you’ll be able to review and accept that charge and any additional terms and conditions applicable, including forms of payment, to the service at the time of purchase. This will be clearly disclosed at the time you post your ad. Our fees are quoted in South African Rand, and we may change them from time to time. We’ll notify you of changes to our fee policy by posting such changes on the site. We may choose to temporarily change our fees for promotional events or new services; these changes are effective when we announce the promotional event or new service.
Our fees are non-refundable, and you are responsible for paying them when they’re due. If you don’t, we may limit your ability to use the services. If your payment method fails or your account is past due, we may collect fees owed using other permissible collection mechanisms.
Content: Jozysales contains content from us, you, and other users. Jozysales is protected by copyright laws and international treaties. The content displayed on or via Jozysales is protected as a collective work and/or compilation, pursuant to copyrights laws and international conventions. You agree not to copy, distribute, or modify content from Jozysales without our express written consent. You may not disassemble or decompile, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to discover any source code contained in Jozysales. Without limiting the foregoing, you agree not to reproduce, copy, sell, resell, or exploit for any purposes any aspect of Jozysales (other than your own content).
When providing us with the content or causing content to be posted using our Services, you grant us a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable (through multiple tiers) license to exercise any and all copyright, publicity, trademark, and database rights and other intellectual property rights you have in the content, in any media known now or developed in the future. This means that we are entitled to host, cache, route, transmit, store, copy, modify, reproduce, distribute, syndicate, publish, translate, use, publicly perform, publicly display, reformat, modify, edit, excerpt, analyze, and create algorithms and derivative works from your content, or otherwise use such content. Further, to the fullest extent permitted under applicable law, you waive your moral rights and agree not to assert such rights or any other intellectual property or publicity rights against us, our sub-licensees, or our assignees.
Infringement: Do not post content that infringes the rights of third parties, This includes, but is not limited to, content that infringes on intellectual property rights such as copyright, design, and trademark (e.g. offering counterfeit items for sale). A large number of very varied products are offered on Jozysales by private individuals in South Africa. Entitled parties, in particular, the owners of copyright, trademark rights or other rights owned by third parties can report any offers which many infringe on their rights, and submit a request for this offer to be removed. If a legal representative of the entitled party reports this to us in the correct manner, products infringing on the intellectual property rights will be removed by Jozysales.
Reporting an infringement:
In order to participate in the Notice of Infringement Programme, you only need to:
- Send a Notice of Infringement email to email@example.com.
- Our customer support will mail you and a Notice of Infringement form
- You can use this form, complete with your signature, to report advertisements that may infringe on your property rights.
- The information requested in the Notice of Infringement Form is for the purpose of ensuring that the parties reporting these objects are either the entitled party or their officially authorized representative.
- This information must also enable Jozysales to identify the advertisement to be removed.
- Once we have received your correctly completed Notice of Infringement Form, you can simply send later reports to Jozysales via the e-mail address provided.
Note: This form can only be used by the lawful owners of intellectual property rights. “Notice of Infringement” is intended to ensure that products offered do not infringe the copyright, trademark right, or other intellectual property rights of third parties.
For all other questions, visitors and advertisers can get Help by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Jozysales does not act as a supplier as contemplated in the Consumer Protection Act, or otherwise, and is not the party marketing the goods/services. Jozysales only provides the platform.
As explained above, we do not actively monitor data or content. We are not involved in the actual transactions between users.
- Jozysales does not operate as a payment intermediary, payment processor, payment facilitator, money transmitter, money services business, or any type of business akin thereto for the purposes of, or in connection with, any transaction on the site. Jozysales also does not fulfill any of the functions (whether as a whole or in part), of a payment intermediary, payment processor, payment facilitator, money transmitter, money services business, or any type of business akin thereto, whether in a direct or indirect manner.
- As most of the content on Jozysales comes from other users, we do not guarantee or give any warranty or make any representation as to the accuracy and content of postings or user communications or the quality, safety, or legality of what’s offered, or with regard to the legal capacity of the users that may conduct or complete any transaction.
You agree not to hold us responsible for things other users post or do.
- In no event do we accept liability of any description for the posting of any unlawful, threatening, abusive, defamatory, obscene or indecent information, or material of any kind which violates or infringes upon the rights of any other person, including without limitation any transmissions constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable law.
- Jozysales may promote, endorse and/or contain links to third party sites and/or services and/or goods. These sites, services and/or goods are beyond the control of Jozysales. Jozysales is not involved in transactions between users and the operators of such third party sites. Jozysales does not accept responsibility for their content, services, and/or products.
- We cannot guarantee continuous, error-free, or secure access to our services or that defects in the service will be corrected.
- While we will use reasonable efforts to maintain an uninterrupted service, we cannot guarantee this and we do not give any promises or warranties (whether express or implied) about the availability of our services.
- Accordingly, to the extent legally permitted we expressly disclaim all warranties, representations, and conditions, express or implied, including those of quality, merchantability, merchantable quality, durability, fitness for a particular purpose, and those arising by statute. We are not liable for any loss, whether of money (including profit), goodwill, or reputation, or any special, indirect, or consequential damages arising out of your use of Jozysales, even if you advise us or we could reasonably foresee the possibility of any such damage occurring. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of warranties or exclusion of damages, so such disclaimers and exclusions may not apply to you.
Despite the previous paragraph, if we are found to be liable, our liability to you or any third party (whether in contract, delict, negligence, strict liability in delict, by statute or otherwise) is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you pay to us in the 12 months prior to the action giving rise to liability, and (b) 100 South African Rand.
- Nothing in these terms shall limit our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our agents or employees.
Security: In order to ensure the security and reliable operation of the site for all users, Jozysales reserves the right at its discretion to take whatever action it finds necessary to preserve the security, integrity, and reliability of its network and back-office applications. Any user who commits any of the offenses detailed in Chapter 13 of the Electronic Communications and Transactions Act, 2002 (specifically sections 85 to 88 (inclusive)) shall, notwithstanding criminal prosecution, be liable for all resulting liability, loss or damages suffered and/or incurred by Jozysales and its affiliates, agents and/or partners.
Resolution of disputes:
If a dispute arises between you and Jozysales, we strongly encourage you to first contact us directly to seek a resolution by contacting us at email@example.com. We will consider reasonable requests to resolve the dispute through alternative dispute resolution procedures, such as mediation or arbitration, as alternatives to litigation.
Use of Map software
Jozysales uses google map and is not liable to address information or usage by users of our platform.
These terms and the other policies posted on Jozysales constitute the entire agreement between Jozysales and you, superseding any prior agreements.
To the extent permitted by applicable law, this Agreement shall be governed and construed in all respects by the laws of South Africa. You agree that any claim or dispute you may have against Jozysales must be resolved by the courts of Johannesburg South Africa, and you and Jozysales both agree to submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of Johannesburg, South Africa.
If we don’t enforce any particular provision, we are not waiving our right to do so later. If a court strikes down any of these terms, the remaining terms will survive. We may automatically assign this agreement at our sole discretion in accordance with the notice provision below.
Except for notices relating to illegal or infringing content, your notices to us must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will send notices to you via the email address you provide, or by registered mail. Notices sent by registered mail will be deemed received five days following the date of mailing.
We may update this agreement at any time, with changes taking effect when you next post or 30 days after we post the updated policy on the site, whichever is sooner. No other amendment to this agreement will be effective unless made in writing, signed by users and by us.
Mobile Devices Terms
Application Use: Jozysales grants you the right to use the Application only for your personal use. You must comply with all applicable laws and third-party terms of agreement when using the Application (e.g. your data service agreement). The Application may not contain the same functionality available on the www.Jozysales.com website. Your download and use of the Application is at your own discretion and risk, and you are solely responsible for any damages to your hardware device(s) or loss of data that result from the download or use of the Application.
Intellectual Property – Applications: Jozysales owns, or is the licensee to, all right, title, and interest in and to its Applications, including all rights under patent, copyright, trade secret, trademark, and any and all other proprietary rights, including all applications, renewals, extensions, and restorations thereof. You will not modify, adapt, translate, prepare derivative works from, decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise attempt to derive source code from any Application and you will not remove, obscure, or alter Jozysales ‘s copyright notice, trademarks, or other proprietary rights notices affixed to, contained within, or accessed in conjunction with or by any Jozysales Application.
Additional Terms: Additional terms and conditions that apply to you based on the mobile device the Application is installed on:
iOS – Apple
- Jozysales grants you the right to use the Application only on an iOS Product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the App Store Terms of Service.
- Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
- Apple is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
- Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Application or your possession and/or use of the Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Apple, and Apple will refund the purchase price, if applicable, for the Application to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application.
Windows – Microsoft
- You may install and use one (1) copy of the Application on up to five (5) devices you personally own or control and which are affiliated with the Windows Live ID associated with your Windows Marketplace account. You may not install or use a copy of the Application on a device you do not own or control.
- Microsoft, your device manufacturer, and (if applicable) your carrier are not responsible for providing support services for the Application.
- Microsoft, the carriers over whose network the Application is distributed (if applicable), and each of their respective affiliates and suppliers (collectively, “Disclaiming Distributors”) give no express warranty, guarantee, or conditions under or in relation to the Application. To the extent permitted under your local laws, the Disclaiming Distributors exclude any implied warranties or conditions, including those of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, and non-infringement.
- To the extent not prohibited by law, you will not seek to recover any consequential, lost profit, special, indirect, or incidental damages from any Disclaiming Distributor.
Android – Google
- Jozysales grants you the right to use the Application only on an Android product that you own or control and as permitted by the Usage Rules set forth in the Playstore Terms of Service.
- Google has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the Application.
- Google is not responsible for the investigation, defense, settlement, and discharge of any third party intellectual property infringement claim.
- Google is not responsible for addressing any claims by you or any third party relating to the Application or your possession and/or use of the Application, including but not limited to: (a) product liability claims; (b) any claim that the Application fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (c) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation.
- In the event of any failure of the Application to conform to any applicable warranty, you may notify Google, and Google will refund the purchase price, if applicable, for the Application to you; and to the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Google will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the Application.